Social Emotional & Healthy Living
If you want to talk, text or just get more information, resources are available to help you and your family through the pandemic.
- If you need someone to talk to about stress due to COVID-19, call Washington Listens at 1-833-681-0211. Someone is available to talk from Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. TTY and language access services are available.
- Ingredients of Resilience
- CDC guidance to support your mental health and well-being
- Warm Line for people living with emotional and mental health challenges: 877-500-WARM (877-500-9276)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line provides confidential text access from anywhere in the U.S. to a trained crisis counselor. Text HEAL to 741741 (24/7/365)
- Crisis Connections connects people in physical, emotional and financial crisis to services. Call 866-4-CRISIS (866-427-4747)
- Teen Link: call or text 866-833-6546
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746.
- LGBTQ Crisis Line call 866-488-7386
- Catholic Community Services of Pierce County WISe/CRISIS: To make a referral for a youth struggling with mental health in Pierce County, call 253-759-9544. Leave your name and phone number with the front desk.
Additional resources specific to children and teens
- Teen Link: 866-833-6546. Chatting and texting options are also available.
- Behavioral Health Toolbox for Families
- Finding the Right Words to Talk with Children and Teens
- Discussing Coronavirus with Your Children
- Supporting Homebound Children
- Virtual sessions and resources for parents in English and Spanish
- Youth Mental Health Resources call 800-576-7764 or text 741741
Resources for Vape Prevention
- Getting Help to Quit Tobacco :: Washington State Department of Health
- Youth Vaping Prevention & Resources to Quit | Truth Initiative
- FDA's Youth Tobacco Prevention Plan | FDA
- Reducing Vaping Among Youth and Young Adults (samhsa.gov)
- Electronic Cigarette Dangers & Information - Vape Prevention Program (catchinfo.org)
- Home | Smokefree Teen
- CATCH My Breath E-Cigarette & JUUL Prevention